Friday, May 8, 2009

Apple Blossom Fest. May 09

Last weekend, we went to view the 2 hr parade in Wenatchee for the Apple Blossom Festival. The Seattle Seafair clowns certainly did their part - one could only be man enough to do the part behind a disguise like that!!! :) Not sure I'd ever catch my hubby in this outfit!
The Daffodil Fest. float from our old home area (Sumner/Auburn/Puyallup)

And the float from the neighboring town of where I grew up in Colville.

And the lovely edible-looking float of our current near-by town of Manson! Chelan would have been represented by a car and our cousin, Rachelle Anderson and her 2 sidekicks, but due to SAT's they weren't able to make it. We'll be seeing them at the parade in Manson tomorrow.

One of my favorite flowers in the spring!


And on to the ever-so-fun-but-highly-overpriced carnival. Rides are up to $3 a piece now!!! Major over-inflation, I tell ya. But are the kids content after 2 rides each?? Never :) I overheard a family talking and the kids were asking for more rides - the parents were explaining they'd already spent $150, so that would be enough!! Wow. We spent $20 for the kids to get 2 rides each - and that was splurging! So after either $20 or $150....they always want more :) I don't think I'd ever tire of the rides if they were free either.

Little Caleb wasn't big enough for many of the rides, but greatly enjoyed these little cars.

And mommy even got to go on a ride with Ashlyn. I'd never seen this one before, but it feels like kite flying and the ride goes around and around and brings you up high, down low, up high, etc. Way too much fun. As my hubby took pics, these are the only 2 he saved. He accidentally deleted the video and a few others. So here's this beautiful expression of me concentrating on gracefully climbing aboard the ride - with my tongue hanging out!! Boy, I was't aware of that til I saw the pic :)

And all set and ready to go! It was loads of fun. Ashlyn's my fellow-thrill-ride partner, so I'm anxiously awaiting her to reach the required 48" to experience more :) She's ALMOST there.

Thumbs up for a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love watching your kids grow..come on out to visit and we can take the kids to Dollywood..fantastic thrills for kids that age...