Friday, September 5, 2008

Krystal and Kyle's wedding - Aug 2, 08

Our sister-in-law's sister, Krystal got married Aug. 2 and asked Ashlyn and Cody to be part of their special day.
My mom made their beautiful cake and my dad helped her transport and assemble it together!
The finished product
We had the privilege of going to the rehearsal dinner held at the Davenport Hotel in Spokane.
It's an old hotel that's been beautifully restored.
The next day, we promised the kids a wagon ride before the wedding.....
We didn't get very far with the wagon, but the kids sure had a good time sliding down the handle!
I wonder if every kids toy in Spokane is extra large?
I have too many of these pics every time we go there, but never get tired of the scenery



We shared a yummy Hawaiian shaved ice - I'm glad we don't have pictures of us all stuffing our faces into it, trying to get a bite! We wound up with half of it on our laps I think.
We went on a really FAST carousel (good thing daddy was photographing this moment :). Riverfront Park was celebrating it's anniversary, so rides were down to .25 cents.

Now that we've played, it's time to work (on smiling at least). Off to the wedding we go....
A BIG thank you to Tessa for loaning us the beautiful flower girl dress from Dan and Jeanne's wedding :)









Cody says "I am all DONE taking pictures!!" (I get a very short window of time to work in)
One last "cheese" after all
Krystal and her mom coming out to begin photos
A side peek of a group photo being taken. This was the fist one the kids were in, and Cody was so pleased and grinned a mile wide! He sat there picture perfect during the few minutes it took for the photos to be taken, then he said to the photographer in a big LOUD voice when it was finished, "Didjya get ME??" Everyone laughed and the photographer said "I sure DID!" and to make sure Cody knew, he got up real close to his face with the camera and snapped a picture.

After this photo session, the groomsmen all took off in a group and as they walked away, Cody said "Oh, I better doe tatch up to my men!"

Ashlyn was so proud to be included with the big girls. One of the bridesmaids is missing in this photo, but our sister-in-law, Cassie is on the far right.
The beautiful bride, Krystal, taking a break during the photo session.
Krystal and Kyle
This best man took very well to Cody as his little buddy.

Here comes the bride....! Ashlyn held Krystal's train for a little bit, but walked down the isle behind Cody. She looked like a mini bride :).....and the scary thing is, she caught the boquet at the reception!! Good thing she's only 6 1/2- she's not going to be allowed to date until she's 30.
Cody standing tall and proud with "his men" (as Cody called them)
He did very well during the ceremony - I was afraid he would pick his nose or something, but he behaved very well and only had a slight problem when his toe itched in his shoe. He bent down a few times to take care of the problem, but obviously couldn't, so I saw the best man whispering to him a few times and assuring him the ceremony would be over soon so he could itch his toe.
Where we were seated, I couldn't see Ashlyn without bobbing my head around, so I snuck to the side to grab this picture. We pretty much got to watch her walk up and down the isle and even then I got myself so caught up in trying to capture everything on camera/video that I missed taking it all in. I didn't get to see Cody come back down the isle at the end of the ceremony because I was turned around taking the below picture....
Just married.....!
As soon as everyone was down the isle, Cody ran back to where we were sitting and asked (again in a very loud voice) "TAN I HAVE A PIECE OF TAKE (Cake) NOW??"

3 comments:

Randy and Amy said...

Great pictures. Hilarious Cody comments!! I can just hear his big little voice and it cracks me up!

Beth and Jewls said...

Thanks for updating! Looks like you guys had a fun summer. Hard to believe it is already over. Love you! Give the kids a hug for me.
Auntie Julie

Bonnie said...

You have some great pictures, and I laughed to tears on your comments!
Love, mom