Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 08

The weather is warm now, but the lake is NOT! That didn't seem to bother the kids tho...! I cringed at the 62 degree water when I jumped in with my wetsuit on to ski! Ashlyn got to do something new this past weekend - the Missoula Children's Theater came to town, so Ashlyn got to participate in The Little Mermaid play as a seahorse with a group of other kids her age!

This was a rare moment to be seen, last Sun. a.m.! Definately camera-worthy for future reference! My heart went pitty-patter... :)
Ashlyn's school had a "Game Day" outside, which included a large blow up slide, 2 bouncy castles, rock climbing wall and throwing cage - I got to volunteer has a helper and the boys had a blast too!
Ashlyn is on the left, climbing with her friend Molly. She was up to the top and down again in such a short time that I almost missed getting pics! She ended up doing it 6 times tho, so there were more chances for photos.

There's a "run club" at Ashlyn's school during lunch recess that I've been helping out with, so Caleb and Cody like to help pass out sticks - and they're a big hit there with the kids! Some of the kids like to take Cody on laps around the field with them. Caleb was so pleased with himself the day I took this picture and kept saying "mommy, I big hewper" with a huge grin on his face - previously he would hide towards me at the extra attention he received!

Happy Mother's Day! We had a really nice day with Shawn's sister, brothers/family and Cari! We all enjoyed the afternoon playing in the park together.
I never actually got a picture of us together, but Shawn and I celebrated our 13th (wow) anniversary on May 13th. It landed on a Tues., so the Sat. before it, Shawn's sister and brother took our kids for the afternoon and overnight so Shawn and I could go out to dinner. We had a great, relaxing time and ate at a restaurant we would never take kids to!
Caleb's favorite pastime.
He knows exactly what to do!
We wore some really wiggly backpacks for a walk down to the beach.
Ashlyn was playing favorites with Carolyn and Cari - got a little friendly competition going between them!


Ashlyn is the proud loser of tooth #2 - the tooth fairy amazingly brought her the much wanted diary she's asked for!
Adorable little nephew, Wade
Auntie Care Bear enthusiastically reading a "Puff puff Chugga chugga" story - made me want to listen too!
They happened to match! For the record, Carolyn ALWAYS said she'd never wear pink! HA HA HA! It looks nice on her :)
Can you believe we sat them down and in 5 seconds on the first camera snap, I got this picture??

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I've been surfin' blogs--though I should be in bed by now--and I found yours! Hi to Carolyn! (She stayed with us last December the night before Marysville Special Meeting!) -S.