In April, we took a trip to my brother's in Boise. For the 8 hour drive, we stopped half way, spent the night in a hotel, then fishished the trip the next day. We enjoyed the scenery along the way and stopped for lunch in Pendleton, where the kids loved eating next to the railroad tracks.What a catch!
He's "pitcher" perfect!
(This really was hilarious as he was lifting Ashley's ear up to tell her secrets)
Grandma D came for a short stay and got the kids into planting a "garden" - in pots! Somehow, I don't think the flowers, strawberries and tomatoes would thrive very long in the rocky front yard. As for the back yard, it consists of the swimming pool and a narrow strip of grass. So... we'll settle on pots for now!
The local drive in has the yummiest shakes!
We took a weekend trip to visit G&G Sanderson in Sequim - the kids always enjoy the trailer rides
Grandma took Ashlyn to find some flowers
... and what a pretty bunch they were! Amazingly, I have to point out that it snowed there this night! Interesting to see snow flakes on the tulips outside!
Do dogs eat crab? This one does!
One TIRED boy - to fall asleep during Dr. Seuss! Maybe it was the rhythm of the rhyme...
This could have been a great picture, but we all know getting 3 munchkins to smile simultaneously is rare! So this is what we post anyway... :)
It was nice to see Teana at G&G's. And for those of you that don't know her, there is only 2 1/2 years between her and Ashlyn and probably a good 1 1/2 ft!
On the way back home, we took the scenic ferry route to Seattle

Spring planting.

We took a beautiful Sat. while my brother, Brian, was visiting and went fishing at Rufus Woods lake.......
My bro...
One of the fine catches of the day... and there were quite a few! We all got our turn at reelin' them in - even the kids!
After gettin' a lil' antsy in the boat, the kids and I took a break on a nice sandy beach - in my motherhood dreams, I envisioned them all taking a nice nap in the sun on the towels I brought. Poof! I awakened out of my dream and finally layed down myself while they scrambled around!
The mighty fishers returning to get us - and brag about the catches they'd made!

Hey! If my pole is getting tugged on, am I supposed to do something??
Ok...here we go, I can do this - I'm a seasoned fisherman!
Whew, it must be a whale!
That was hard work....
READ SHIRT!
The faces describe Cody and the shirt "fits" him perfectly!

Ashlyn wanted to sew me a "surprise" mother's day present, but I had to promise to "forget" about it by mother's day!
I now have a really nice satin blanky with poofy pom poms and sequins to snuggle with! Let me tell ya, Shawn is SOOO jealous! hee hee hee....


Long's (Chelan conv. grounds) had a tree that needed to be removed, so Shawn dusted off the ol' climbing gear and got to work...

The ever-popular Apple Blossom Parade in Wenatchee. It's so long, that you can arrive 15 min. late and still sit there for another 45 min. before it gets toward the end of the route where we sat!
By this time of the parade, the pretty princesses have pasted smiles and weary arms! Still fun nonetheless!
So this is pretty much where our stroller died, heading to the carnival after the parade. I can't figure out why using it like this for umpteen miles the last 4 years that it would consider going out on us.... the wheels literally started slanting in from......I don't know.... too much strain????? hmmmmm....
I had to put this guy on here because this day was his 93rd birthday!
We took a weekend trip to visit G&G Sanderson in Sequim - the kids always enjoy the trailer rides
On the way back home, we took the scenic ferry route to Seattle
That was hard work....


By this time of the parade, the pretty princesses have pasted smiles and weary arms! Still fun nonetheless!
So this is pretty much where our stroller died, heading to the carnival after the parade. I can't figure out why using it like this for umpteen miles the last 4 years that it would consider going out on us.... the wheels literally started slanting in from......I don't know.... too much strain????? hmmmmm....I had to put this guy on here because this day was his 93rd birthday!
3 comments:
I love the pictures! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Oh and by the way that is really sad that my 6 year old niece is learning to sew and I don't even know how. Love you guys! Happy Anniversary by the way! I can't believe it has already been 13 years. Love you!
You guys are having way too much fun over there in Chelan! Do you ever slow down? I love to see your pictures-you always have such interesting pictures of the kids! Take Care! :-)
Yeah, new pictures. Can't wait to kick off the summer with you guys.
Post a Comment