Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Fun - July 08

This summer has flown by so fast, of course, and here it is the end of August and I'm posting July pictures! I have so many photos to sort thru, but tried to catch a few that give a glimpse of our summer fun. Since we moved to a new rental house last Christmas, we have our own pool to enjoy, which has been a dream for us! It literally has been used every day for hours on end. Ashlyn taught herself to swim this year and I'm surprised she hasn't grown fins yet.
In the above picture, we had fun with Jason & Sarah, Rod & Carolyn, Randy & Amy and all the kids for Rylan's birthday.

Ashlyn and cousin Tessa in their matching suits

It was fun getting to hang out with Amy while she visited Chelan for a week!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

We spent the day at Rod and Carolyn's, who have a perfect yard for sports fun, a huge pool and beautiful view of the lake and fireworks! The day was filled with volleyball fun and other games, eating festive food, swimming, chatting with friends and, of course, fireworks!


The two little refs, Caleb and Tristan watch the big boys

Just a few more years til the Sanderson's have their own boys basketball team!

Linda and Amy playing croquet with the kids
We ended the fun day with a great view of the Manson fireworks show from Rod and Carolyn's yard.

(L to R) Ashlyn's friend, Molly, her sister Ashley, and of course, Ashlyn. These pals spent quite a bit of time together this summer!
Carolyn took us to an orchard to pick all the cherries we wanted - the kids loved helping!






Later in the same week, Sarah and I took the kids to Blueberry Hills in Manson to pick some yummy blueberries -

Sarah, Tristan and Wade


Aahhhh.. the waterslides! We had the privilege of going a number of times this summer. We spent this day with Shawn's family when they came to visit for the weekend.

Ashlyn coming out of the pitch dark "Purple Haze" ride.
There's not a ride this gal won't go on - only thing that holds her back is her heighth
Cody and daddy arrived safely after a wild double tube ride
What's summer without sand and the lake?


Auntie Cassie got Caleb a huge bag of balls for his birthday, so we found lots of uses for them this summer.....

We had picnic lunches almost every day!

Artwork outside

The kids and I went on ONE bike ride this whole summer. This is the only picture I have from our outing - when we stopped alongside the road to eat lunch!

This guy showed up at my doorstep, wondering if he could water my flowers. He was so cute that I had to tell him yes!

1 comment:

the homestead girl said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only who runs out of time to post pictures! :-) You guys never fail to have fun! Hopefully we'll get to see you before too long! :-)