I learned today that bikes can get tired. I mean, really, we as humans could never succumb to weariness. After all these years of thinking it was ME that was tired, it really is the fault of the particular object (treadmill, for instance).
Today, the kids and I enjoyed a beautiful day by walking around Riverwalk Park - well, Ashlyn and Cody rode their bikes. By the second loop, I was having to push Cody on his bike while simultaneously pushing Caleb in the stroller. Trying to coax Cody to continue riding just a little bit longer to the end, I said "well, if you're too tired, I guess we'll just take you home for a nap". Wow, those little legs started pedaling and he perked up and said, "nope, I'm not tired, my BIKE is tired"!! So away we went and I could hear him coaxing his bike along "come on bikey, just a widdow bit wonger an we'll be der."
A tid bit of Caleb's latest favorite saying: "That's because....." (pronounced as "dat be-tuz") He got this from Cody - when I used to ask him why he did something (if he was in trouble), he would start out his answer by "dat's because...", so Caleb picked up on that, but uses it in the wrong context - he'll come up to me to ask for a drink and say "dat be-tuz I wanna dwink" and so on like that! He pretty much starts every sentence or thought with that now.... the cuteness is wearing out tho.......................... :)
I have a slew of pics to post, especially since we just got back from a week-long houseboat trip, so hopefully will post those soon....
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment