Thursday, March 13, 2008

teeth n' stuff

Can you SEE my missing tooth?
The following Wed. night mtg., Ashlyn sat on the couch stretching her lips down so everybody would notice her missing tooth!
Since this was the first time the toothfairy visited our house, we weren't really sure what the going rate was for these things.....(when I was a kid, it was about 25 cents!) So she received a pile of dimes equal to $2.00! (Lucky for us, we have a big change jar, that will see us through many teeth to come!)...and a cute little poetic note came in the sachet bag with the change. I have to say, it was hilarious the next a.m., because as I crouched half way in the doorway to witness her reaction to the fairy present, she came wide awake as memory kicked in from the night before (and let me tell ya, she's a hard one to wake), reached quickly under her pillow, got a delighted look on her face, bolted out of bed, flew right passed me (like almost tripped on me), had no clue I was there, and she ran up the stairs, to which I quietly followed and slipped into the kitchen, pretending I was already there the whole time.

Once again, I post all my pics by most recent, so if you're scrolling downwards, these don't make sense! Our little baby girl crossed a big mile stone and lost her first tooth (sniff, sniff!) - wasn't it just a couple years ago, that one came in??? So, after 2 1/2 months of this tooth being loose (along with the other one beside it), it finally freed itself and Ashlyn actually pulled it out herself, since it was hanging there by fleshly threads! She was SOOO delighted and kept referring to the image of herself in the mirror to really verify she was cool enough to have a hole in her mouth!!!! She could hardly relax to go to sleep that night (she pulled it out right before bedtime), but once she was nice and soundly asleep, the stealthy toothfairy visited......

This little FCWA member hasn't gotten a uniform to fit him yet :) FCWA (Future Construction Workers of America)

Our usual stop at the trees as we leave the park...

I got my first ever sunburn in March - not a bad one, but enough to make a farmer outta me!



One of the finer million dollar homes in the area... it actually looks like it was a neat old house at one time - This property sits just below Granite Ridge, where the spec house is.We had a great bike ride together - well, actually taking our bikes for a walk! (Ashlyn was a good sport and a great rider, but was a little intimidated by the loose gravel on the steep road down to the water!)Same house as above
Caleb didn't make it very far riding in this style! Wow, good thing for the pull-up padding....
It was so warm and sunny last Sat., so we took a long leisurely family bike ride up and over Granite Ridge, had a picnic lunch by the water and enjoyed a good part of the afternoon playing on the beach. Cody and Caleb were in the bike trailer behind me, so they never ended up getting their pics!

2 comments:

Nesting Instincts said...

There was sun....Ohhh, to see the sun! Are there any job openings around there? I need the sun!!!
Love, Beth....It was fun to see you guys this weekend!!!

the homestead girl said...

I agree with Beth! Lucky you getting to enjoy the sunshine...and what a fun way to spend a Saturday together! (PS-Bet that was a good work out towing both of the boys!)